|Date Posted||October 7, 2017|
Are you passionate about software?
Is coding as much art as it is science?
Do you like the challenge of building great products that are feature rich – but also easy to use?
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where sharing knowledge and ideas is not only encouraged – but expected?
If you answered yes to all the above, then you belong at Cvent!
We are looking for Lead Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. We are currently engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting edge tools and technologies.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on large-scale Internet applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using rich client-side code and Facebook’s React framework.
- Contribute to our core microservices architecture and robust RESTful APIs.
- Work with large modern distributed systems and polyglot persistence technologies including RDBMS, RabbitMQ, CouchBase, Cassandra, and Elasticsearch.
- Lead and mentor teams of dedicated engineers to build powerful products in an iterative Agile or Kanban environment.
What You Need for this Position
For this particular role, we’re looking for individuals that can not only contribute at a senior level, but can also make the whole team better by mentoring other team members. This role is hands on – you’ll get to design and code along with performing code reviews, providing mentorship, and planning team assignments. Aside from that, the prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
In addition to this, you will have a leg up if you also meet the following criteria:
- 1+ years of experience leading and mentoring other software engineers.
- 5+ years of programming experience in one of the following: Java, C#, or node.js ideally with Web Services and API development using REST
- Experience with one or more of the following datastores: SQL Server, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, or other NoSQL technologies
- Experience using Amazon AWS platform
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience also considered.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical and professional skills. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, bonuses, 401K match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com.