|Date Posted||March 6, 2019|
Our client located in RTP, NC is hiring. If you are a seasoned Node.js Engineer, this role might be for you! This is a permanent job opening that offers a rewarding full salaried benefited package. The Hiring Manager is motivated to interview and hire immediately.
The Node.js Engineer is responsible for designing and developing web and application solutions, components, shared service solutions, vendor and cloud platform integrations, REST APIs, and microservices based upon a thorough analysis and decomposition of business requirements and needs. The Node.js Engineer will be a champion of agile and continuous integration/continuous delivery software development lifecycles.
The Node.js Engineer is responsible for designing and developing web, front-end, shared service, and back-end solutions. This includes producing design artifacts, developing and testing application, service, and component code, and supporting the testing, change and release, and production operation of the code. He / She will be responsible for ensuring alignment to the enterprise architecture standards, industry standards, and best practices when designing or changing applications. The Node.js Engineer will define and create OpenAPI specs for REST APIs, and have a strong understanding of REST principles and guidelines including versioning.
• Participates in the complete software development lifecycle including design, specifications, and development through implementation; participates in daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint retrospectives
• Promotes and drives use of agile and DevOps methodologies and patterns including continuous integration, continuous testing, test-driven development, continuous delivery, etc.
• Partners with architecture for design and review of projects with respect to adherence to standards, enterprise models, strategies, and best practices
• Supports the full lifecycle implementation of artifacts including containers and AWS
• Responsible for promoting designs allowing for flexibility in user interfaces, APIs, and technologies (e.g., mobile applications, web applications, third party integrations)
• Responsible for the analysis of legacy and acquired technologies and the execution plan to transform legacy technology to the strategic technology stack
• Develop and maintain unit tests and test automation
• Ensures creation and maintenance of documentation including stories, OpenAPI specs, system requirements, system design, use cases, project artifacts, etc.
• Provide proof-of-concept/minimally viable production-grade prototypes that set examples regarding new technology or design patterns
• Periodically review code from staff and vendor contractors and direct enhancements
• Designs and/or documents process models and flows, rules, and solutions
• Ensure the performance of the developed solution(s) meet expectation and requirement
• Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining appropriate documentation including stories, code comments, system/functional requirements, system designs, and use cases
• Strong SQL database table and query development experience; similar experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and cache databases such as Redis preferred
• Experience designing and developing distributed systems solutions in a microservice architecture
• Experience with Agile projects and CI/CT/CD processes and tools
• Demonstrated ability to build unit tests, mock objects, and/or QA test automation
• Excellent knowledge of data integration, integration patterns, and orchestrations; strong REST API understanding is a must, with the ability to work with SOAP services as needed
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience
• Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover business issues, and identify needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
• Experience deploying to AWS
• Experience with containerized solutions (OpenShift, Docker, ECS/EKS)
• Experience with GraphQL for orchestrations
• Experience working in a hybrid on- and off-shore model
• Experience with JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Ansible, Confluence, and similar tools a major plus