|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
React Native Mobile Developer - Detroit, MI
You will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). In this highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment, you will…
Build industry leading mobile apps on a global scale
* Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
* Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
* Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
* Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
* Test-drive code (Test Driven Development)
* Pair program with different people in many situations
* Report status of assigned software development tasks
* Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
* Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
* Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
* Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
* Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
* Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
* Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
Top Skills Required:
- Experience in native mobile application development (iOS or Android)
- Experience in an Agile environment preferably doing paired programming
Required experience and skills are:
* Design and write software technical specifications, write software code and perform unit testing
* Apply current technology to solve technical problems and ensure system and application performance is optimized
* Work with business units to improve efficiency and remove barriers in applications
* Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates
* Maintain coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and enhancement
* Provide deep systems support (programming, architecture, system analysis) for the Applications team
* Document processes and development projects
Preferred experience and skills:
* Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment; financial industry experience strongly preferred
* Experience in app design and development for iOS using Objective-C and Android using Java is a plus
* Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
* Experience in Xcode , Fabric, Jenkins for continuous integration; experience with Redux, Github, and Chrome debugger
* Experience with the publishing process for both Apple and Google app stores
* Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
* Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
* Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent of work related experience
NO CALLS OR EMAILS. PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME
CORP TO CORP IS AVAILABLE.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.