|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
Tens of millions of Americans engage with TEGNA's digital products every month and the Development and Design group is responsible for all of it. Our team builds user-facing websites, mobile apps, OOT apps, voice apps and back-end editorial tools. And while TEGNA is a large, publicly traded company, our Development and Design group runs nimble and lean - more like a startup. We are a fun group of professionals who enjoy getting things done well.
We are looking for a React Native developer to join our team in Knoxville, TN. You will play an integral role in the development and improvement of our mobile application. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who will enjoy problem solving while working with the latest technologies.
- Build and maintain our mobile apps using React Native while also incorporating native integrations with Swift and Java
- Provide level of estimates for features, bug fixes, upgrades and new projects
- Hands-on work with React Native development
- Work with product owner to meet specification needs
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience building mobile/web applications
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Strong understanding of the Android or iOS ecosystem and their guidelines for app development
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting mobile applications
- Collaborative personality
TEGNA Media (NYSE: TGNA) is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. Recently named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting and Cable, we have committed vast resources to transform our company through various initiatives including our "Over-the-Top" advertising and data solutions platform, Premion. TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across media channels. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.