|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Do you want to make a difference at a world-class software startup? Help us move fast and solve interesting problems as we build highly available systems powering a successful business with a team of smart and motivated cross-functional engineers.
At GasBuddy, we take pride in helping people by building innovative, comprehensive products for millions of gas station owners, fuel retailers and drivers on the road every day - and our world-class team is always up to the challenge. GasBuddy is a place that empowers employees to grow, build and thrive. Whether we’re releasing a new app feature or competing in ping pong tournaments, you’ll be a part of a team that puts in 110%.
GasBuddy is looking for a Senior Node.js Engineer to join us and lead the development and launch of new GasBuddy products on our consumer web properties. You will contribute towards the development of web properties, micro-services, and internal tools. This is a small team that takes pride in their work and implements creative solutions.
What You'll Do
- Work directly on gasbuddy.com and relevant web properties
- Opportunity to lead/mentor junior members of the team
- Collaborate with engineering and systems teams to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Encourage best practices for the web
What We Seek:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of full-stack web development
- Professional experience with PostgreSQL or similar
- Experience with RESTful services
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Understanding of SEO methodologies
- Experience with universal/isomorphic React
- Experience with building microservices
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with accessibility standards
GasBuddy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring and other employment decisions at GasBuddy are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offenses, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: GasBuddy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, GasBuddy employees or any other company location. GasBuddy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.