|Date Posted||November 6, 2018|
Senior Software Developer
Our client is a technology company that provides the best-in-class private event management software solution to top restaurants and venues across the US, helping them successfully run and grow their private events. We're a funded startup, and we're growing fast!
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer who is a skilled problem solver and thought leader. This position will be an essential part of the Engineering Team by immediately contributing to our product, helping to guide development decisions, owning plans for new features and helping the team execute on the client's product roadmap.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
Our technology stack:
• Frontend products built with angular.js, React & Ionic (mobile) and backend products written in node.js
• Node.js API running on heroku platform
• RethinkDB (NoSQL), Postgres and ElasticSearch clusters with RabbitMQ message queue
• Container-based services using docker and kubernetes
• Infrastructure runs across Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Writing and maintaining clear and scalable code for the client's products which include SaaS web, mobile and consumer facing applications
• Work on an agile team doing full-stack development using node.js, angular, and react
• Share knowledge and expertise with the engineering team through training programs, pairing, and constructive code reviews
• Serve as a mentor to junior developers
• Collaborate with stakeholders through design, planning and implementation
• Ensure standards across the engineering team
• Be involved in decision making around the architecture and future of clients’s product
• Experience building performant RESTful web APIs
• A desire to help others through mentorship and collaboration
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience writing test coverage using Mocha/Chai, Phantom.js, Selenium or similar libraries
• Bonus points for production experience with typescript, react native, docker, kubernetes, elasticsearch or postgres
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or engineering preferred