|Date Posted||November 9, 2018|
Join us and design the next generation of innovative assessments!
The Research and Development Division of Educational Testing Service seeks a software developer to join other software engineers on the development of test delivery, content management and data processing systems for large scale international assessments (PISA, PIAAC). These systems will be used for development and delivery of tests in multiple languages in schools and households around the world. The successful candidate will (a) participate in the design and development of new systems, (b) develop enhancements to existing systems, and (c) provide support to project contractors and users in countries.
- Contribute to the design, development, maintenance and/or deployment of multiple assigned components of innovative research systems involving web applications, test development and delivery prototypes, statistical data analysis or complex computer architectures/interfaces, and/or enhancements to existing applications and systems.
- Develop medium-scale applications or utilities supporting research large scale assessment projects, data analysis, data reporting, computing infrastructure, assessment or product development or operational projects.
- With guidance from senior staff, contribute to the development, maintenance and/or deployment assigned components of complex applications, systems or computing environments in a research oriented work setting.
- Using specified networks, operating systems, hardware platforms and development environments, produce effective, medium-scale technology solutions supporting a targeted set of research and operational projects.
- For assigned research applications and systems, work directly with project staff to develop technical specifications and test cases, confirm functionality/usability and respond to requests for technical expertise and assistance.
- Lead the preparation of technical documentation for assigned research applications, systems or computing environments and contribute to planning documents and status reports related to research technology development activities.
- Through training seminars and other self-development activities, maintain continuing awareness of relevant emerging technologies for possible application in research technology environments. Contribute to identifying and evaluating new research technologies and in gathering and organizing technical information in support of acquisition decisions and client and/or vendor negotiations.
- Adhere to ETS and/or industry standards for technical quality, data/source-code storage and application/systems security.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or closely related field is required.
At least four years of progressively responsible experience building complex web applications with a high degree of user interactivity is required. Experience with front end development, server-side programming using Node.js, PHP or other language, as well as database and SQL programming, is also required.
Experience manipulating large collections of XML based data, including matching and searching such data, is highly desirable.
Experience with administration of LAMP environments is a big plus.
Experience building multi-lingual web applications is desirable.
Candidates for this position must have proven experience in providing technology solutions that are developed and deployed in a working environment.
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/SD263390