|Date Posted||June 20, 2017|
At America Express, we’ve focused on ensuring our customers’ satisfaction. Every day, we strive to make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and companies to purchase the things they need. Because their success means we’re doing our job right.
So, are you ready to make an impact? Our employees don’t come here to coast. They join our team for the rewarding challenges and ongoing opportunities to help expand technology into the future. Be a part of the global American Express community.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product road-map.
If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
- Owning all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Mentoring engineers, and may have management responsibilities over 2-3 engineers