|Published||November 19, 2022|
Front End React Developer
A successful Developer in the IT Refined Fuels Product Line Team derives personal satisfaction from advancing business objectives, adding value to the company, and providing great service to internal business partners and external customers. This position will be a key contributor within a dynamic, highly motivated team focused on creating, improving, and maintaining the systems critical to the success of Magellan's Refined Products Commercial Development and Accounting Business Teams. The Developer will have the opportunity to be a part of the development and maintenance of highly complex systems; providing the best possible service to Magellan's customers, as well as directly impact the bottom line of the company. The Developer will be independently motivated and deliberately collaborative. In addition, the Developer will have extensive analytical and technical design skills to solve business problems utilizing technology, serve as a change agent for the organization, and be willing to continuously learn as needed to solve real-world problems.
- Works independently with limited supervision as well as within a team environment.
- Proactively participates in business analysis and technical design activities with technical and non-technical stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure solutions are viable and consistent.
- Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Tests, maintains, and recommends software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Works with team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Provides comprehensive support to internal customers; achieves resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Participates and drives UX design improving customer experience for the Commercial application suite, incorporating and maintaining defined material design standards.
- Accurately estimates the time needed to complete a variety of development and maintenance tasks.
- Conducts in-depth code reviews to ensure architecture code quality and application architecture consistency.
- Documents specifications, system guidelines, and technical manuals for new and legacy systems.
- Performs hands-on code development for complex initiatives, both on a large and medium scale.
- Communicates effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Multi-tasks and changes from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Aids and supports the coaching and training of other team members.
- Stays up-to-date with current technologies and technical developments.
- Experience in the development, and implementation of complex enterprise software systems and components and client-facing web applications.
- Ability to develop new and innovative applications as well as debug and refactor existing code.
- Ability to code new functionality into existing, unfamiliar applications.
- Comfortable working with both new and legacy applications.
- Hands-on experience in tools including Git, Microsoft Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code
- Experience working on development projects utilizing Agile methodologies
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data.
- Possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment that provides solutions to business challenges. Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and become a go-to expert in various processes unique to Magellan and the Midstream Industry.
Qualifications Considered a Plus
- Hands-on experience in technologies including React Query/RTK Query, Babel, prettier, eslint, Atlassian Suite, SQL, LINQ, C#, XUnit/NUnit, Postman, ServiceNow, PL/SQL, jQuery, .NET Core, React, ADFS, Azure, Visio, Castle Windsor, Telerik Controls, SOAP Web Services, XML, SVN, ASP.NET Web Forms, Jenkins, NuGet Packages, API Development, Containers, Basic IIS Administration, Microservices Architecture, and/or Basic Networking.
- Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with business partners, managers, directors, and developers.
- UX design skills including ability to drive a positive customer experience, convey product ideas, and explain thinking behind designs.
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design Patterns, Domain-Driven Design, and Vertical Slice Architecture.
- Experience in Relational Database Design & Development in either Oracle or MSSQL.
- Understanding of how to apply secure coding principles to mitigate OWASP's Top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated strong partnering, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, especially in the Transportation segments.
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Please reference job code 89462 when responding to this ad.
GDH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance in applying and/or for interviewing, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]