|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||February 10, 2021|
Transeo, a leader in groundbreaking educational technology, is looking for a talented frontend developer to join our development team. We are building an entire suite of educational compliance and tracking tools - our products combine unprecedented administrative oversight with thoughtful design, crafting the precise mix of product and tool. Our first four products focus on community service tracking, internship and community partnership management, student journey planning, and the college application process. This position provides the unique opportunity of working with a startup that is scaling college, career, and life readiness to millions of students.
Our existing team is made up of industry veterans as well as accomplished educators who are all passionate about changing the fabric of student educational experiences.
We’re prepared to give you the tools you need to be excellent at what you do. We have robust team collaboration systems in place and operate with our mission in mind: eliminating paper-based inefficiencies in the education system so that stakeholders can focus on students.
If you are a visionary, creative, and driven frontend developer, we want to talk to you. Together, we will assemble technology that will tangibly impact the lives of students everywhere. We know that lots of job openings for startups say you'll have the opportunity to change the world - but we're not just telling you that, we are promising you that it will happen.
Our Tech Stack
Transeo’s frontend system is a React codebase written in Typescript. We use tools like Create React App, Webpack, and Yarn to work. We stay away from overly complex patterns unless we deem them absolutely necessary - although our product has many layers to it, we try to avoid letting that seep into our codebase. We use Typescript to define our state management as well as our API requests/responses.
You should already have a comprehensive understanding of how to build reliable, efficient, and scalable React frontends. As a remote-first team, it’s also critical that you demonstrate strong writing capabilities. A typical day may include: writing code, crafting frontend architecture that is intuitive to our unique users, shaping our overall products, writing a feature pitch, or diagnosing a bug.
Importantly, you will be the first developer devoted exclusively to our frontend codebase, so we expect that you know best practices and can bring those into the product. Finally, we expect that the ideal candidate for this position will have experience with visual design and implementing UI/UX best practices and will be able to lead the team in this direction.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently on the frontend to give you a sense of what day-to-day work might look like:
- Integrated a government API with our frontend, providing a set of assessments for students to complete.
- Added configuration options to our graduation plan, allowing districts to dynamically configure sections on a page in real-time.
- Refactored an important feature into a managed component with unit tests.
- Fixed a bug that was reported by a customer and impacted their daily work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Energized about Transeo’s mission and goal: works to further our initiatives in all actions and ventures
- Resourceful: Ability to utilize all available resources to solve a problem, including online communities and other coding literature
- Learning-Oriented: willingly accepts assignments that broaden capabilities, learns from experiences, and demonstrates a personal commitment to continuous learning
- Dedicated to Continuous Improvement: Follows up on new ideas, develops and implements plans for improvement, and takes personal responsibility for growth
- Resilient: accepts and learns from failure, stays constructive when criticized, and accepts feedback positively
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented: develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues by building rapport, inviting feedback, and driving collective problem solving
- Experience building and maintaining production-level frontend applications
- Fluent in React and Typescript
- Experience building and shaping React components based around product management specifications
- Ability to interact with JSON API responses inside of frontend components
- Experience communicating best practices for UI and UX patterns
- Open source projects built with React
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience with strongly-typed language
The salary range for this position is $95,000 to $105,000, commensurate with experience. We also provide the following benefits to all employees:
- A budget for a computer of your choice
- Generous health plans with substantial portions covered by Transeo including:
Transeo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for considering an application for employment with the Transeo team! As an equal opportunity employer, Transeo values diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
How to apply for this position
To apply for this position, please click here.