|November 30, 2023
|Mountain View, CA
Frontend/UI Lead - React
Cognizant is a strategic partner to the Fortune 2,000, helping the world's most influential companies to build software and solutions, empowering our clients' businesses and enabling their competitive advantages.
Cognizant Interactive helps clients reinvent products, experiences and business models to create new value, differentiation and drive revenue in the digital economy. We take an Experience centered approach which uses human insights to take ideas from vision to outcome and building end to end experience led solutions that enables brands to transform their customer and employee experiences using design, marketing and commerce capabilities
Cognizant is looking for a Senior React Developer with six to ten years of experience in developing customized product for our clients. The role is expected to drive technology discussions and analyze the current landscape for gaps in addressing business needs. Cognizant needs a motivated individual to challenge the status quo and provide thought leadership/standard processes to enhance our current services and technologies.
An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Someone that values the "team" and leverages the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver quality.
Frontend/UI Lead - React will be responsible for leading a team of frontend developers focused on design and development of frontend solution across the Digital and Marketing Technology domain, including:
- Should be able should be able to lead a POD of engineers for the React Frontend development project
- Provide mentoring to the junior developers by grooming them development standard processes, create client specific developer guidelines and be able to review code and fix them
- Be able to speak up to set the realistic expectations for a project with client and product owner
- Good communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate to Product owner, Enterprise architects, development teams and business and IT collaborators.
- Be able to speak up to set realistic expectations for a project
- Good communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate to development teams and collaborators.
- Manage multiple project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Help us grow our team by interviewing and recruiting new engineers
- Develop a culture of high ownership, technical excellence, innovation, and collaboration.
- Strong programming fundamentals with Advanced OOPS concepts.
- Discuss with customer business groups to understand functionality and come up with innovative ideas for web development for the best user experience
- Co-ordinate with offshore Team to set project expectations, mentor junior members of the team.
- Good Expertise in analyzing the Document Object Model (DOM or equivalent experience) Layout, DOM Functions, and Java Script functions, Cascading Styles across cross-browser using Fire Bug, Developer Tool Bar.
- Overall 8+yrs years of software development experience
- 5+ years React JS frontend development with backend integration experience (preferably client side)
- Deep understanding of React Architecture, Hooks. Webpack, SCSS/SASS, LESS, etc.
- Experienced in working with Redux architecture using complex Object-Oriented concepts in improving the performance of the websites.
- Experience in using React JS components, Forms, Events, Keys, Router, plus Redux, Animations and Flux concept.
- Experience in development RWD and SPA with React, Redux, Routers, jQuery, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, GraphQL, ES6, Babel, Express, ESlint. Understands Server-Side Rendering, Virtual DOM, Performance optimization, Typescript & Material UI
- Familiarity with integrations patterns and invoke/ consume APIs/ RESTful Services/ OData API using NodeJS, Spring framework.
- Experience with Automated Unit, Contract & E2E Testing - Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Cypress, Playwright, Wiremock & Pact JS
- Experience in TDD and BDD approach.
- Experienced in deploying React Apps using CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Container Platforms - Docker & Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of deployment concepts of rollout and rollback, webserver, app server deployment, database scripts rollout and monitoring
- Ancillary aspects of software development like IDE, SAFe, Agile, Story development across layers; Digital Engineering and Product Engineering basics
- Experience with customizing build with webpack, rollup & babel.
- Exposure of implementing Adobe Site Catalyst, Test & Target.
- Experience in implementing React JS application in compliance with ADA / 508
Salary and Other Compensation:
The annual salary for this position is between $86700 - $141970 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant's discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant's applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your abilities fresh and have opportunities to obtain certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion-for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you!
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network Assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing "All Star" by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant leverages a highly flexible business model, a seamless global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of world-class companies that are leaders in their own space.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 07 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email with your request and contact information.