|Date Posted||July 11, 2021|
Jr. React Developer
CGI Federal is seeking a Junior React Developer for an exciting opportunity supporting one of our government healthcare customers. The selected candidates will become a member of the Software Development Team and will report to the Team Lead. The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing, enforcing, and following coding standards across all systems, implementation deliverables and ensuring on-time delivery of solutions that meet project expectations.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Understanding of SCRUM and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Basic understanding of N-Tier architectures
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins is a plus
• Understanding of DevOps processes
• Understanding of how to build a development environment
• Some Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to the customer are a plus
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of experience in software development
• Good experience with React and related toolkits (create react/Next.js)
• Experience consuming APIs (rest/graphql) with Axios or similar
• Hands-on work with SPAs and/or SSR (SOA and/or JAM)
• Understanding of DOM manipulation
• Good html/css skills, preferably with responsive software
• Understanding of CSS frameworks like Bootstrap/Bulma
• Experience working with JS libraries like JQuery/Lodash
Desired Qualifications (not required):
• Experience with Redux stores, React Redux Dev Toolkit, Thunk, Webpack
• Experience working with other modern JS frameworks (Angular/Vue)
• Experience working in Typescript
• Experience working with serverless architectures
• Experience with accessibility/section 508 and aria
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.