Lead Engineer / Architect (React & .NET) REMOTE – US based
|Published||May 9, 2022|
The Mx Group’s Digital Experience (Dx) team builds fully custom mobile and web apps for our clients. From highly complex e-commerce implementations to built-from-scratch SaaS products, we love exploring the latest technology and bringing new ideas to life.
How does the Mx Dx team impact our clients? www.themxgroup.com/capabilities/web-design-and-development/
We’re looking to add an experienced Lead Engineer / Architect (full time W2 remote - US based) to our team focusing on React (70%) and .NET (30%). In this role, you’ll lead a small, highly collaborative team to develop custom software in a fast-paced environment. In this particular role, you’ll be working as a lead on several different projects, and since we’re moving to React, you must be comfortable with the React frontend library so you can help us make this transition. You’ll also be working with .NET Framework and .NET Core/.NET 6 backends, so experience with them is a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Set technical direction for a team and review their output
- Help us migrate from .NET Framework and AngularJS (1.8.2) to a React/Next.js SPA, backed by Sitecore and a custom set of .NET 6 APIs/microservices
- Build out new feature sets in these apps along with this migration
- Guide and mentor other developers, perform code reviews, and approve pull requests
What You’ll Bring
- You are fluent with SPA (single-page application) development using React/Next.js backed by RESTful services, including optimizing for user and SEO performance
- Fluency in some backend language (Node, Python, Java, Ruby) and API design is required; If you’ve got C#, .NET Core / .NET experience specifically, it’s a plus
- You must be comfortable with relational databases (we use Microsoft SQL)
- You’re comfortable with CSS and SASS / LESS
- You have extensive experience working in an Agile environment, and you are comfortable producing code based on user stories and not fully fleshed-out specs
- You want to bring new technologies, new processes and new philosophies to the table — and work with other senior team members to continually find better ways to do things
- Experience working as a consultant (especially with regards to time management, estimation, and internal/external stakeholder expectation management)
Perks and Benefits
- Career growth, people first culture!
- Little to no travel
- Hybrid or remote work model
- Stability: no downtime between projects
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance
- Dental / vision / short-term disability / long-term disability / life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Gym reimbursement
- Generous paid time off policy in addition to 12 company holidays, including a paid week off between Christmas and New Years
- Paid parental leave and paid medical leave
- FSA (healthcare and dependent care)
- Tuition reimbursement
A leading B2B agency, The Mx Group has consistently received awards both for our work and our company culture, and we are ranked among the top 5 integrated B2B agencies in the country by B2B Marketing. Located 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, The Mx Group empowers companies with the competitive edge of modern B2B marketing. To do this, we integrate a broad set of services: Strategy. Design and content. Web and app development. Demand gen and lead management. We make it all work together to help companies attract, engage and convert more customers. For 30 years, clients have trusted us to turn their marketing investments into measurable revenue.
Why you'll love working here
In a word: people. In a broader sense: company culture. And some pretty sweet benefits, too.
At The Mx Group, you’ll find we genuinely value and support each other — as people and as coworkers — as we produce award-winning work together. You aren’t likely to find another team so focused on collaboration and so dedicated to success.
We’re proud of the environment we’ve nurtured, and proud to be stronger than ever as we navigate the "new normal." We always look for new ways to lift each other up and brighten the team’s work day. Wherever we're located, we celebrate together, from the latest new business win to the start of Friday summer hours to a rewarding week off at the end of each year.
Plus, we offer a full benefits package, including gym membership reimbursement, paid
parental leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and a 401(k) program. In short, you’re going to love being part of the Mx team.
The Mx Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. That means we not only provide equal opportunity and consideration to all employees and applicants for employment — we welcome it. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law, because we believe diversity drives us to deliver more valuable and meaningful experiences to clients and employees.
During the recruitment process, The Mx Group will only communicate using our corporate domain name (themxgroup.com) and will never ask for personal information other than contact information and job history until an offer has been made. Additionally, The Mx Group will never request that you purchase anything during any part of the recruitment or hiring process. You can read more about detecting and reporting employment scams at the Internet Crime Complaint Center and Federal Trade Commission websites. If you see a The Mx Group job posting that you suspect may be fraudulent, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] so we can review it promptly.