|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
Position Role – Node.js Developer
Description of Work:
Responsibilities for this position will include:
● Provide development support to the government client to enable design, development, and implementation of web-based enterprise software solutions following the Agile lifecycle.
● Participate on enterprise projects that require migration strategies using web-based technologies and relational databases across multiple platforms.
● Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project, design and develop user interfaces/applications, and conduct testing.
● Understands the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints.
● Plan for and conduct implementation activities.
● Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups.
● Continuously develops knowledge and skills on pertinent systems.
● Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code.
● Provide weekly and monthly status to the management.
● Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
● Become knowledgeable on the Disability process, ensure understanding of the systems and application processes to be able to execute that role in an effective manner.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
● Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 5 years of relative experience, or 11 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing Node.js.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience developing unit tests using Karma and Jasmine, using build automation tools such as Maven and Jenkins, and other tools such as Junit and SonarQube.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience with Asynchronous programming using promises or observable.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience with PostgreSQL querying data, filtering data and joining multiple tables.
● Minimum of 1 year of experience using a code repository such as Nexus with distributed version control such as Git/Bit Bucket.
● Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
● Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
● Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) experience
● Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
● Experience with popular Node.js web frameworks and/or utility libraries such as: Express, Hapi, Underscore/Lodash, Async, Bluebird, and Grunt.
● Strong proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
● Knowledge of HTTP protocol
● Experience building RESTful APIs
● Experience with React.js frameworks (e.g. MOBX or FLUX)
● Experience with ECMAScript 6
● Experience with designing and developing distributed systems
● Experience with microservices and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices
● Experience in creating API design/technical documentation (Raml, swagger)
● Experience in using debugging and observability tools for live systems dtrace, strace dtruss
● Experience in messaging protocols such as AMQP (Rabbitmq, Kafka, Nats).