|Location||Sandy Springs, GA|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
** Please Note: Your application WILL NOT be considered unless you have at least 2 years experience with Rails/React
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Rails/React) - Remote
If you have a talent and passion for building highly interactive, innovative, and breakthrough products then this is a great opportunity for you to bring your creativity, design, and engineering skills to solve real customer problems and make a huge impact with Brightside and the mental telehealth industry! Our Engineering team is a small, collaborative group of talented Engineers and we are looking to add a strong Senior Full-Stack Engineer to help us build revolutionary, robust, and scalable solutions to our current web and mobile applications utilizing React and Rails.
We are a 100% remote start-up environment and run – fast and lean – which means every engineer has a high degree of ownership and impact on our company and mission. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible opinions, adept at identifying and evaluating tradeoffs, and quick to walk through fire to help their fellow teammates.
- Patient safety and data security.
- Clean, simple, readable code.
- Robust, automated testing (ideally rspec/capybara/jest/enzyme).
- Full code ownership: Front End, Back End, DevOps, etc.
- DRY and YAGNI all day, every day.
- Small, frequent releases to production to maximize value, get fast feedback and identify bugs early
Responsibilities as a Full-Stack Engineer
- Migrate our existing member-facing React JS web application to React Native.
- Help build our brand new pharmacy operations iOS app using React Native.
- Iterate on our Clinical Quality System to ensure consistent patient outcomes at scale
- Develop a consolidated data warehouse to support our Business Intelligence analysis and reporting as well as develop the next wave of our Clinical Decision Support system using Machine Learning techniques.
- Strong full-stack engineer with technical leadership, design, coding, and collaboration skills
- 5+ years experience building and supporting complex React web applications and APIs in Rails.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, 100% remote environment with tight feedback loops and continuous delivery.
- Built/supported HIPAA-compliant applications. (preferred)
- Production experience with React Native. (preferred)
- Experience in python, data analysis, reporting/visualization, and/or machine learning. (preferred)
- Worked in a startup that’s grown from 20—>100 employees. (preferred)
Salary, Benefits, and Perks
- Salary $150,000 - $175,000
- Platinum healthcare, vision, and dental
- Meaningful impact, great people, balanced life, positive and progressive culture.
- Work remotely and whatever schedule works best for you. We care about results, not 9-5.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hardware and tools of your choice
The Brightside Mission
Brightside (www.brightside.com) is a better approach to depression and anxiety care and we are on a mission to be the best and largest provider of virtual, evidence-based depression and anxiety care in the U.S. We’ve built a product and platform of tools for patients, medical providers, and therapists to drastically increase access to the highest quality mental health care. We value prioritization, collaboration, and an action-oriented approach. Our organization is growing rapidly and is attracting the brightest and most innovative talent in the industry.