|November 25, 2023
Job Title: React Developer
Location: Winston Salem, must be onsite 4 days a week minimal
Job Duration: 12 month contract with likely extensions
# of Openings: 1
This development positions supports the business processes, both with ongoing migration to the cloud for new and existing applications. The individual who fills this position will be knowledgeable in both React front-end development as well as AWS cloud concepts such as deployments, storage, high availability, architecture, and security. This role will report to the Director/Manager of Application Development.
In this role, you will:
- Implement new features and maintain existing code using React and other standard tools in the React ecosystem.
- Your duties will include designing software solutions to meet project requirements, maintaining and refactoring existing code, writing tests, and fixing bugs.
- Troubleshoot build pipelines, design, code and deploy APIs, web applications, deployment scripts, and AWS lambda functions.
- Asked to actively participate as part of a cloud-focused development team, working on both new application development and migration of applications/processes from on-prem to the cloud.
- Be required to independently research potential solutions for existing and new issues/applications/processes.
- Review architecture or development proposals from other team members or groups and offer insight on those proposals.
- Respond quickly to any reported issues via active communication to the other team members or directly with the department reporting the issue.
- Design and develop new custom react components to meet project requirements.
- Working with other developers and software engineers to develop front-end and back-end architecture that's well-structured and flexible, along with the APIs to support it
Experience with React, Typescript, Redux, Redux Toolkit, Redux-Saga, Material UI
An understanding of common programming paradigms and fundamental React principles, such as React components, hooks, and the React lifecycle
Experience with Visual Studio Code (IDE)
AWS Solutions Architect Certification
Experience with CloudWatch logs and events
Experience with Python
AWS Lamba Functions, API Gateway
Experience with Azure DevOps Repos, Pipelines, Branching repos, Pull Requests, Committing code and working with multiple developers on the same project
Develop and Support Multi-Region AWS environment using services like Route53, IAM, EC2, VPC, AWS API Gateway, Lambda
Familiar with IAM concepts
Familiarity with common programming tools such as RESTful APIs, Git repositories, TypeScript, version control software
RDBMS experience (Oracle/SQL Server/PostGRES or similar) with strong SQL knowledge, object creation
Nice To Have
Test patterns and practices (both unit and functional)
No-SQL Database Experience
Additional AWS certifications
Experience with Hybrid/Multi-Cloud environments
Education and Experience
B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or relevant software development experience
2+ years of cloud application architecture and engineering (AWS a plus) with hands-on experience in cloud automation