|November 25, 2023
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We're a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together-lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you're fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you'll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you'll be doing...
Join Verizon in this React JS Developer role for the Network Security Team. This position will expand our Network Security IAM User Experience Team with a role emphasis on software engineering. This exciting growth opportunity shall act as an engineer within an existing team focused on security engineering and automation. This is a development role in which the developer should have knowledge of coding with security in mind. The candidate shall be responsible for developing the front end as well as some back-end components, supporting & implementing feature development, leading code reviews, and ensuring our internal applications maintain a highly secure code standard. This opportunity is on a team that is highly visible and plays a significant role in advancing our security posture and improving the end-user experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Effectively navigating diverse perspectives and promoting an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Managing project tasks with urgency and purpose, demonstrating initiative, and exemplifying ownership of all assigned job responsibilities.
- Having a solid understanding of Network Engineering languages, terminology, and how networks work.
- Consistently delivering high-quality work that fully addresses the intended criteria, goals, and objectives.
- Deconstructing, decoupling, and parceling complex technical challenges to ensure actionable plans and progress.
- Effectively communicating verbally and in multiple written mediums to stakeholders, team members, and leaders.
What we're looking for...
You're passionate about security, new technology, and telecommunications.You are a self-starter and perform independently, but you work even better and are driven to thrive as part of a highly motivated team.You're able to prioritize multiple workstreams and keep them moving to resolution.You're good at identifying and balancing priorities while staying focused on meeting key deadlines that envelop multiple stakeholders.As a strong communicator, you can quickly build strategic relationships within a diverse company culture and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to code in the following and use frameworks: React,Node.js, Next.js, Python, (or other web development technologies).
- Experience with MySQL/Postgres (or other relational database technologies).
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology, or a related field.
- Understanding of Computer Networking and Telecommunications Network Topologies.
- Have experience with with User Experience(UX) Design.
- Ability to code using current security principles and best practices.
- Four or more years front-end coding experience with working knowledge back-end coding experience.
- Any relevant security certifications are a plus.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.