|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||March 17, 2021|
What we're looking for
We are looking for a well-rounded, team-focused React Native Engineer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code with 3+ years of experience in product teams.
You will play a pivotal role in architecting, developing, deploying, and maintaining Clair's mobile app, a digital banking app built for hourly workers. We emphasize legible and succinct code, encourage proactive collaboration, and create opportunities for shared leadership. Bring your whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. Clair is dedicated to building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and is a certified Great Place to Work.
Your main responsibilities
Working closely with the business and product teams to create the next generation digital bank. This includes:
- Working with the Product Team to create a seamless user experience
- Contributing with ideas on how to improve the user experience as well as the quality and speed of delivery
- Implementing smooth animations and creative loading strategies that provide the polish of an excellent user experience
- Integrating with RESTful APIs including some third-party APIs
- Estimating effort thoughtfully and balancing priorities effectively
We're looking for experience with:
- State management libraries such as Redux
- React Native using the Expo framework targeting both iOS and Android
- Researching issues and come up with solutions for edge cases
- Knowledge of camera, biometric and push notification functionality
- OAuth security
- Bug tracking and debugging experience
- Familiarity with Mobile UI/UX design principles and best practices
Things we consider a plus:
- Professional product management tools such as Jira
- DevOps experience using Travis CI or Jenkins
- Native iOS and/or Android development experience
- Git branch management and the Release Flow model
Clair is a mission-oriented, VC-backed startup with a positive, street-smart attitude. Our #1 focus is to build a financial product that frees the minds of hourly workers from thinking about bills and debt. And we're pulling it off by creating the world's first digital bank that gets them paid, as soon as they clock-out of work (on top of being a legitimately better banking app than you probably have right now).
We're a fast-growing team of people of all ages, from 5 different countries, based in New-York City and working remotely. We're a super flat culture where everyone is responsible for what they own. And we learn a lot from each other.
Check us out at www.getclair.com/about
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.