|Published||May 8, 2022|
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
Albertsons’ Technology Department has an opening for a React Native developer who can be an essential contributor to the Health and Wellness Applications.
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital offerings and is in need for a ReactJS/React Native developer to join the fast growing, consumer facing Health & Wellness, with responsibility over the customer facing web applications. Our website is used by thousands of people every day. The right candidate should be able to understand and execute on digital transformation strategies, by creating best in class technical solutions while working across technical teams.
The position will be based in Pleasanton, California or Plano, Texas.
• Drive innovation and design solutions for consumer facing web applications
• Participate in end-to-end design, development, and testing of solutions
• Work with developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system to produce integrated solution options
• Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs
• Provide high level and detailed effort estimates on proposed solutions
• Communicate solution approaches to architects, project teams and other stakeholders
• Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge to our platform roadmap, design and implementation
What we are searching for
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
• 8+ years overall programming experience
• 4+ years of developing and designing major systems and their subsystems
• Well versed with OOPS design concepts and good grasp of architectural patterns
• Ability to create the required web and hybrid enterprise mobile applications for several mobile platforms (iOS/Android/React Native and MEAP)
• Excellent knowledge and capability to use OS frameworks for multi-threading, data persistence, and adapting user interface across multiple screen sizes
• Strong experience with React native libraries and third-party libraries like react-native-navigation, Axios
• Hands-on experience with unit testing/integration testing tools like Mockito, RestAssured, Cucumber.
• Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of high-volume web applications
• Experience with developing custom UIs and animations
• Knowledge of implementing APIs for Ad integration, push notifications and cloud messaging
• Experience with popular React.js workflows (Flux or Redux) and data structure libraries (Immutable) and core principles
• Experience with building and maintaining applications for both iOS/Android platforms
• Knowledge of current industry coding standards, tools and best practices
• Experience with RESTful APIs
• Experience with Git/Maven
• Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token, OAuth
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
• Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, NPM, etc.
• Familiarity with event driven architecture patterns.
• Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of the team through diagrams, written and verbal presentations and communication
• Ability to define solutions from very high-level business ideas
• Ability to describe non-functional requirements
• Ability to work independently
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone’s perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success