|Location||San Diego, United States of America|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2021|
This is a U.S. remote, full time position. The salary for this position is $122,600 - $135,500 / year
Agile Six is looking for a senior front-end software engineer who is looking to build user-friendly, accessible, and secure UIs using modern techniques and best-practices, including continuous integration & testing and automated deployments in scalable cloud hosting environments.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who has experience with React, other component libraries, and REST APIs, and can hit the ground running, however we’re open to those with experience in other tech stacks to apply, but are ready to learn React as part of this role.
This position is working on a project in support of pandemic readiness that provides a modern, cloud-based data routing and cleaning for health departments to receive, process, and share data across jurisdictions. Ultimately the right candidate would have a passion for working on important problems that have a lasting impact on millions of users and make a difference in our government!
The 'day to day' for you would be to -
- Create elegant and 508-compliant web UI solutions primarily using React and the US Web Design System (https://designsystem.digital.gov/)
- Contribute to an open source repository (https://github.com/CDCgov/prime-reportstream)
- Collaborate closely with UX Designers and other team members to implement interactive UI components
- Guide the development of pattern libraries in order to ensure consistent and easily reusable styles
- Perform peer code reviews
- Securely integrate with RESTful service APIs
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily standup meetings, backlog refinement and planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
We're looking for a person who -
- Has a teaching/mentoring mindset and can communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Prefers to work in the open, is adaptive, and collaborative
- Can develop, maintain, and deploy code using GitHub, and Github Actions
- Has experience with Git/Github, unit testing, automated testing, and writing clean, testable code
- Believes in exploring alternatives and can quickly build prototypes to validate ideas and help iterate on concepts
Minimum qualifications that you bring -
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related degree or equivalent industry experience
- At least five (5) years of experience as a software engineer
- Lives in and is able to work in the U.S. (Unfortunately, we cannot support Visas at this time)
- Ability to pass a U.S. Government background investigation
It would be a benefit if you also brought these to the table -
- You have experience in React
- You have open source contributions
- Familiarity with the US Web Design System
- Experience working with Government agencies
- You are a U.S. Veteran
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing
- 401K matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Paid federal holidays and Election day off
- Company supplied laptop
- Certification assistance
- Professional development budget
Agile Six is a remote-first company that works shoulder-to-shoulder with federal agencies to find innovative, human-centered solutions to improve healthcare access and quality, increase access to benefits for Veterans, and enhance digital services across the government. We are an intrinsically motivated team of creatives, delivery managers, developers, researchers, and subject matter experts that guide our clients using agile methodologies and human-centered design to transform government to better serve citizens. At Agile Six, we know that’s our company’s purpose; and we can only achieve it by supporting a culture where talented people feel valued, empowered, and love to come to work.
We believe that strong teams start with exceptional talent, but ultimately thrive on collaboration and trust. At Agile Six you’ll frequently hear the phrase “Got Your Six.” Your 6 o'clock position refers to your back -- where you are most vulnerable. When we say we’ve “Got Your Six,” it means we’ve got your back. This foundation of trust is built into the DNA of Agile Six. When our clients and our team collaborate and work together within a tight circle of trust, truly great solutions emerge.
Our hiring process follows the following outline:
- Resume Review
- Technical Interview
- Values Fit Interview
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for any of these positions, please reach out to email@example.com. We want to ensure you have the ability to apply for any position at Agile Six and are happy to assist with your application.
Please read and respond to the application questions carefully.
Agile Six Applications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.