|November 26, 2023
Senior iOS/Android Engineer (React Native) job in Irvine, California | Insight Global Careers
Senior iOS/Android Engineer (React Native)
Oct 27, 2023
$64 - $96 (hourly estimate)
A leading cannabis technology company is seeking a Senior Mobile React Native Engineer to join their platform engineering team. The Engineer will participate in and lead architectural design processes for our native applications, work with product and engineering leadership to build solutions, estimate costs, and assure quality control throughout the software development lifecycle. They will be responsible for working with platform leadership to curate a roadmap that drives cohesion, maturity, and tooling to be leveraged by the rest of the organization. Responsibilities but not limited to are below:
- Break down, prioritize, and facilitate execution of large-scale mobile architectural changes in a pragmatic fashion
- Take the needs of the product organization, technology team, and business to craft a high-level roadmap that drives
- leverage to our teams and maturity for the company
- Build, socialize, and iterate on the primary patterns + boilerplate for implementation of a hybrid React Native x Native
- application, so that our teams can self-service mobile features with established guardrails and documentation
- Interacting with peers at varying levels of technical aptitude, and being able to attenuate communication style to remain
- effective outside of purely technical circles
- Influence your team's strategy and contribute to planning.
- Supervise and guide the technical aspects of projects.
- Review source code, logs, operational metrics, etc to pinpoint problems and deliver or lead resolution.
- Regularly attend team, chapter and guild meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any
- Collaborate across multiple teams within the organization on prototype development
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Mobile Software Engineer working on complex applications
Strong experience with BOTH iOS and Android
- 5+ years of working experience with React Native applications
- Strong hands-on experience with Kotlin or Swift
- Deep understanding of mobile release processes, and the app store review cycle
- Deep understanding of API design, and the touchpoints between Mobile and Backend architectures
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Experience in leading a team of engineers
- Proven experience in software development methodologies, and software engineering best practices (e.g., CICD, unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance)
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.