|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
As the senior member of our software development team, we will look to you to write software that directly impacts the day-to-day functions of our payroll, human resources, and restaurant operation teams. Sometimes we build big things like a React app used by hundreds of restaurant managers to request pay raises for their team members. Other times we build small things, like a report on the average check amount per restaurant.
This position is based in Cypress, CA at our support center and has the option for 80% remote work.
This position reports to the Director of Technology/Software Architect and is expected to guide our back-end API developers and software consulting partners.
Education and Experience:
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in a business setting
• 2+ years of experience in React on a senior level
• 2+ years' experience in C# developer using LINQ & Entity Framework
• 2+ years of experience in technical leadership. This includes driving technical decisions and guiding broader project goals (No people Management)
• A degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Current and Upcoming Projects:
• Creating an overtime calculation engine for multiple data sources and multiple state jurisdictions
• Gathering all of our data for our Domo business intelligence initiative
• Building a PWA to help restaurant managers spend less time in the office, and more time serving guests
• Leverage creativity, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills across a broad domain of computing situations and activities
• Migrate legacy code to ASP.NET Core and serverless architecture
• Develop software in a G Suite, Microsoft Windows, and Azure environments
• Monitor the performance, quality, and responsiveness of company applications
• Integrate to third-party SOAP and REST API's
• Perform systems engineering and requirements decomposition
• Communicate status and propose possible solutions to IT and non-IT staff
• Find and fix bugs promptly
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.