|Published||January 2, 2022|
|Location||Rancho Cordova, CA|
Healthcare, pharmacy and/or insurance background preferred, other duties as assigned.
Candidates must reside within the State of California.
Candidates should have full-stack web development experience.
Candidates should have experience with automated deployments/ devops, pair-programming
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
- Develops guidelines for other software engineers that helps them build and implement code that is scalable, stable and secure.
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality code, assists with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching.
- Understands big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
- Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader.
- Coaches other software engineers on practices such as TDD, ATDD and pair programming.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration, and guide the team to setup a DevOps environment for the applications they build and support.
- Designs and develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Reviews and takes actions based on application metrics, including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics.
- Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform advanced performance tuning.
Other Job Requirements
7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software in IT.
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
General Job Information
Senior Web Software Engineer - Java / React.js
Work Experience - Required
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - Required
Education - Preferred
Bachelors - Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.