|November 25, 2023
|San Mateo, CA
What you'll do...
At Sam's Club, we are looking for a React Native developer with experience building reusable components to help maintain the existing applications and to guide development of the next generation tools. The right individual for this role must be capable of building applications in using modern architectures with hands on knowledge in Front End and backend Frameworks (React Native, React JS, Spring Boot, Spring React, Redux, Jest, Enzyme), and Cloud Based Technologies (Azure and DevOps).
Sams' club is on a journey to create a best-in-class omni-channel contact center with advocates obsessed with member resolutions through timely, exceptional service generating loyalty. Focusing on developing the next generation advocate workspace in contact center which will help to improve advocate experience.
What you'll do:
- Participates in medium to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information, writing, and developing code, conducting unit testing. Communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders.
- Use React Native APIs for tight integrations with backend systems
- Build app and UI components from prototypes and wireframes
- Write automated tests to ensure error-free code and performance
- Improve performance by eliminating bottlenecks
- Create front-end modules with maximum code reusability and efficiency
- Either individually or with team, determines hardware/software systems requirements and leads systems hardware/software design. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, supports, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 4years' experience in software engineering
- 6+ years of development experience in Front End using React Native
- Working with the architects and development lead, documents and develops best practices for development, and deployment of applications, and works with members to foster growth within the team.
- Significant experience working with React Native and Redux
- Strong knowledge of React fundamentals such as Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, and component state
- Well-versed in a variety of React Native software and technologies such as Jest, Enzyme
- Moderate level skills in Java, using the latest SDKs and tools and frameworks such as Spring boot, Spring test, spring security
- Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
- Demonstrates deep expertise in specific coding concepts and/or languages, especially around modern application architectures.
- Experience partnering with others to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Excellent analytical, design, decision making and communication skills
About Walmart General/Not Function Specific
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners. Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Future Ways of Working:
Our company's success can be attributed to our employees. While technology has allowed us to be effective while working remotely, there is no substitute for being in the office together; it helps to shape our culture, collaborate, innovate, build relationships, and move more quickly. We strive to provide flexibility in order to promote a healthy work-life balance but recognize that in-person interactions are important to our culture and shared success. We'll meet in person on a regular and purposeful basis.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $136,000.00-$200,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
860 W CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-0000, United States of America