|Published||September 17, 2023|
About Nerdery and Being a "Nerd." Nerdery is a digital product consultancy. Much more than consultants, we're allies and guides on our clients' digital journey - helping them to grow their business and delight their customers through intuitive, thoughtfully designed technology. As true partners, we prepare our clients for the opportunities in front of them, help them achieve their goals, and quickly deliver value for their customers. We do this by solving problems in creative ways across strategy, design, and technology.
At Nerdery, we're not defined by our job titles but by the impact we make. You'll work directly and closely with some of the world's best brands to help create innovative digital products that serve everyone. As Nerds, our insight, innovation, and expertise are celebrated, and our growth is not only encouraged but expected. Being a Nerd means stepping up and pushing the boundaries of what's possible. We're curious, fearless (well, not totally fearless - there are heights and spiders, after all), and always our authentic selves.
We are looking for a Senior React Engineer to join our team! We invite you to check out the details below and consider whether becoming a Nerd is the next step in your career journey.
The Senior Software Engineer position at Nerdery, is a seasoned technologist who is passionate about writing, reading, and improving software in a specified set of technologies in order to solve client problems. They deliver on larger non-functional user stories or business requirements, design a correct solution, and deconstruct it into user stories and tasks for other Engineers to execute on.
- Strong proficiency in React.js and its core principles
- Extensive experience in building responsive web applications using React
- Thorough understanding of Redux or similar state management libraries
- Experience with front-end build tools such as Webpack, Babel, or Parcel
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of version control systems like Git
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, or React Testing Library
- Ability to write efficient, maintainable, and reusable code
- Understanding of UI/UX principles and best practices
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Proven track record of leading projects and mentoring junior developers
What Things Will You Do As A Nerd?
- Closely collaborate with UX designers, Back-End engineers, and QA Engineers to arrive at effective and fluid solutions to mobile problems.
- Understand and prevent common issues that arise during the development lifecycle and experience in mitigating risks for technical teams (including managing dependencies on other teams, compliance issues, technical limitations of other system components, and making build vs. buy decisions at the library/component level)
- Continue to grow as a developer through continued learning and improving skills
- Cross-platform development
- Contribute to further our Agile environment
What Skills Will Help You Be A Successful Nerd?
- Strong communication skills: Able to effectively explain technical decisions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Process improvement: Experienced in identifying process pain-points and taking ownership of refining processes to completion.
- Collaborative Problem Solver: Able to take initiative to understand a problem and make critical decisions to solve for next actionable steps
- Client interaction: Comfortable interacting with clients, including light client management, conducting technical demos, and collaborating closely with technical stakeholders from the client.
- Risk assessment and communication: Proven ability to clearly communicate the risks, complexity, and timeline impacts of newly added product features or scope.
Are We the Right Fit For You?
The best way to get the scoop on whether Nerdery is the right place for you is to chat with current Nerds. We would be delighted to have a conversation with you and share insight into what it's really like to work at our organization and if it's a place where you can thrive. Our interview process will provide you ample opportunity to talk with other team members and assess whether the role is a good fit for your next chapter. Take the first step and apply today - our Talent Advocates will then reach out to you to get the ball rolling!