|Date Posted||July 1, 2020|
Position Title: Front End Engineer
Position Number: 342199
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55402
Position Type: Long Term Contract
Required Skill Set:
Optional Skill Set:
Job Title: Front End Engineer
Duration: 1 Year
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Code, test and troubleshoot existing programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology. Analyze end user data and business needs to format final product and assure user-orientation. Test and develop programming modifications. Utilize applications expertise to participate in the design process as needed, then write new program code based on defined specifications. Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes. Write and maintain programming documentation, as well as operations and user guides (as required).
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance (QA) team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner. Collaborate with the QA team to identify test cases and create/mine test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables. Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with end users, Business Analysts and senior development team members. Provide input to prolong application life or recommend replacement. Confer with senior development team members to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Assist in resolution of questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Evaluate and thoroughly understand complex interrelationships between assigned applications and systems, such as whether a contemplated change in one application would impact or cause unwanted results in a related part of that application or other applications/systems. Proactively provide subject matter expertise regarding assigned application(s) to other members of the technology and business teams to assure understanding of interrelationships and dependencies.
- Support the installation planning for application program requirements. Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required. Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across the capability domains.
- Act as a resource to junior development staff regarding technology, methodologies and standards. Proactively share knowledge and collaborate with development team members, Business Analysts and Technology Operations to assure quick and effective responses to customer needs (internal and/or external).
- For Senior and Executive Levels: Strategically plan and prioritize software/solution releases within planned release schedules based on enterprise business strategy, business and technology need, and impact while assuring appropriate scope, size and impact of releases to end users. Effectively plan all design, development and testing work to assure the pre-determined release schedule is met.
- For Senior and Executive Levels: Provide strategic direction and operational leadership to a team of highly technical employees. Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management processes.
- Advanced JS & ES6
- React or other modern JS framework
- Session management
- Practical experience and proven success with the design and build of complex software applications in multiple environments
- Application of technology / engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages
- Code management and delivery, including creating build processes, testing, implementing advanced version control, integrating CI tools
Software & Technology:
- Node JS, Express Server
- Webpack, Gulp
- Mocha, Chai, Jest, Jasmine
- Deep knowledge of diverse technologies and new and current architectures
- Self-driven and helps coordinate work with others, potentially across multiple workstreams.
- Strategic application of experience
- Requirements and system analysis
- Superior analytical and business skills to reconcile conflicting objectives and find/design acceptable compromises within existing constraints.
- Identify, track and plan remediation around Technical Debt. Communication & Leadership
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical individuals
- Partner with the business and project team to gather requirements and fully understand project goals, then use this information to effectively plan and lead the development process
- Experience and comfort in leading a team of IT professionals
- Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Provide strategic direction and operational leadership to a team.
- Provide governance oversight to ensure adherence to development strategy, standards, tools and procedures.