|Date Posted||November 27, 2019|
Our partner is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technologies and clinical research. Our partner is the world's largest clinical research organization, helping bring drugs through the trial process and IMS is the world leader in patient data. Together they have created a human data science company.
Drawing on the strengths of our partner and IMS Health, our partner is creating the next generation of clinical development. Our partner's solutions combine world-class clinical research and data-driven insights to offer clients more precise and predictable paths to product approval.
The Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses global healthcare insights, working closely with clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. This is a new unit within our partner, integrated within Clinical Operations. The ACOE uses big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
As an expert full-stack software developer, this is a unique opportunity to leverage your skills to build unparalleled in-depth knowledge within our life science projects. You will participate in creating data science applications that improve life of patients through supporting various areas of healthcare like disease detection and drug research. Working with modern distributed systems, complex data, advanced data science models and challenging requests in agile environment, you will help shape the way our team approaches prototyping and development of data-driven analytics products. This crucial role involves identifying opportunities for better data modelling, abstraction, testing, scaling, internal tooling, and other software development practices that will help our team maximize our efficiency in data science projects. You will have the opportunity to provide technical mentorship to the team, and to set the standards for code quality and software architecture for the projects you work on.
Your typical activities might include:
* Collaborating with data scientists, data engineers and other developers to turn working prototypes into well-abstracted, reusable python modules for iterative development of data science projects.
* Constructing sleek, cutting-edge user interfaces using React.js.
* Overseeing technical aspects of greenfield projects from concept to completion.
* Digging into a variety of databases to engineer a data pipeline to extract datasets for ML training and predictions.
* Providing technical leadership and assisting the team on execution of technical tasks centered on delivery of analytics models as containerized applications.
* Identifying opportunities for improvements of applications like improving services response time and horizontal scaling
* Comprehensive unit testing of your own code.
* Production deployments of microservices to k8s cluster through a CI/CD pipeline that you will design and setup.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* A Bachelors or master's degree in STEM field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Biotechnology.
* Experience with relational databases and good understanding of SQL
* Experience with non-relational databases like MongoDB and Redis
* Experience designing and implementing Rest API, with frameworks like Flask and Falcon
* Proficient understanding of designing microservices based applications
* Strong unit testing and debugging skills
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
* Linux proficiency and experience with containerization tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
* Experience in following Scrum best practices
* Fluency in English (spoken and written)
We will also appreciate if you have some of:
* Experience in putting machine learning models into production
* Familiarity with advanced Python data structures like numpy arrays and pandas
* Familiarity with process of building python packages
* Experience with workflow managers like Airflow, Azkaban or Luigi
* Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem like YARN, Hive, Impala, HDFS.
* Experience working with large volumes of complex data, preferably in distributed frameworks such as Spark
* Experience with deploying code into production through CI/CD tools like Jenkins
* Experience in programming in Scala
* Experience with ELK stack or Kafka
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.