|Date Posted||March 28, 2020|
React Application Developer
The purpose of the React Application Developer role is to improve/support the software functions of our web/mobile technology stack. This includes: the support and continuous development of a new React web application, learning and improving our existing React Native mobile application, and working with our staff to identify additional web/mobile application opportunities for future growth and efficiencies.
Job Duties & Key Responsibilities
• Develops & maintains software solutions by understanding information needs provided by the PMO, as well as meeting with end users and taking direction from IT leadership and other senior development staff.
• Utilizes business requirements and documentation to build accurate systems that function as expected.
• Stays current with the latest trends in web/mobile application software best practices, as well as cloud technologies that can provide further efficiencies and scale (AWS, Docker, etc.).
• Works with the software team to contribute to the development of software specifications/visualizations (wire frames, demo apps, etc.) to show how developed software works with other frameworks/products.
• Willing to work with 3rd party content provider tools/api’s and have experience implementing/managing CMS driven content (Contentful, WordPress).
• Contribute to the application architecture, with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance (with both on premise AND cloud technologies in mind).
• Documents code to ensure readability and understanding with other developers.
• Must be self-motivated and communicate well in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Degree in CIS, Software Engineering, or other applicable technology degree is desired (1 - 2 years ADDITIONAL experience without a degree will be considered).
• 2 years of development experience using React in a business environment (3 years preferred)
• 4 – 6 years experience as a full stack developer
• Mobile architecture/application development experience with React Native desired (must be experience in a small to large business environment).
• Experience with TypeScript is a plus.
• Experience with Docker is a plus.
• Strong understanding of JSON and the mechanisms by which API technologies are leveraged in the web/mobile application world.
• Experience in a full CI/CD pipeline and the tools is desired.