|Date Posted||August 10, 2019|
Metro Systems is looking for a React Developer to help support one of our top financial clients. This client is a leader in the web and mobile spaces and is always looking to bring on candidates who will be an asset to the team in the long term. This position is in Charlotte, NC.
As a Senior React Developer, you will help guide your team on its journey to create innovative digital banking products for our customers.
• Partner with business, UX design, architecture and back-end API teams to create world-class customer experiences for the online channel using Agile development methodologies
• Collaborate with other developers on solutions and mentor junior developers
• Enforce secure coding standards through peer code reviews and automated testing
• Guide development teams to review business requirements, design documents, test plans/test cases and performance testing plans
• Effectively communicate technical solutions and recommendations to senior level management
• Expert level experience with browser-based technology, user interface development, responsive web design and engineering cross-browser, cross-device compliant code
• Expert level experience with HTML5 and web template engines – Markdown, Handlebars, JSX, Jade
• Expert level experience with CSS3 and CSS Preprocessors - SASS, LESS, etc.
• Strong working experience with creating highly-performant, optimized websites
• Strong working experience with version control (Git/Bitbucket) and branching strategies
• Strong working experience with command-line utilities, build tools - Webpack, Grunt, Gulp
• Experience building web applications using AWS cloud services - S3, Lambda, Elasticache, etc.
• Experience with consuming REST API using asynchronous methods
• Experience with GraphQL, MongoDB and other NoSQL Data Stores
• Experience with 508 Compliance/Web Accessibility
• Enterprise exposure in defect analysis and resolution
Behavioral & Communication Skills
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, from team members to senior management
• Must have the ability to work in a team within an Agile operating model
• Ability to exchange constructive and respectful feedback
• Must be able to help communicate ideas and best practices to more junior developers
• Must be able to collaborate with wider groups on standards and best practices
• Enthusiasm and a desire to be part of an innovative team
• A commitment to quality, and a desire to improve