|Date Posted||August 20, 2019|
Long Term Contract
Downtown Chicago IL
Our client, a Global Financial Services Institution is looking to bring on a React Developer for a long term contract to support their Digital Enterprise Solutions Team. A description can be found below, but for more information contact Ryan Sedwitz at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Who We Are
Digital Experience Solutions is a multidisciplinary development, design and research team dedicated to delivering innovative, differentiated and exceptional experiences to our clients and employees. Digital Experience Solutions is committed to growing and supporting a diverse team, with a collaborative environment that provides educational and career growth opportunities.
As a UI Developer, you will translate business needs and product requirements into highly functional, compelling digital experiences for our client-facing applications.
What You Will Do
The UI Developer is a curious, collaborative individual who leads with empathy, takes ownership of projects and:
• Contributes to an open culture that enables development through direct but kind feedback, promotes diverse perspectives and fosters a sense of curiosity and optimism
• Collaborates with product owners and architects in an agile environment, with a cross-functional team to understand technical needs and user requirements
• Develops interactive reporting dashboards, data visualizations, and dynamic experiences through tight collaboration with product designers.
• Create single-page applications using the our Digital Architecture and Design System
Your Knowledge and Skills
As a Digital Designer, you must have experience with at least some, but not all, of the following:
• Experience working with the React framework, Redux and supporting middleware
• UI development best practices, as demonstrated in a work portfolio showing applications and/or code samples
• Experience with debugging and browser performance optimization
• Experience with Test Driven Development, NPM libraries, and source control (GIT, Gitflow, Pull Requests)
• Comfortable working with server side architects to define flow and structure of data, consumed from APIs and external data sources
The following nice-to-haves represent just a few of the other experiences that may be relevant to this position:
• Familiarity with Domain driven design concepts and event driven architecture
• Practical understanding of accessibility standards and WCAG 2.1 compliance
• Familiarity with SQL and No SQL Databases
• Experience with Message Queues, Redis, & Kafka
• Spring Boot or similar server-side framework (such as Express or Django)
• Web Application Security, OWASP
• Comfortable mentoring fellow developers
• CSS 3 responsive design, CSS Preprocessors, CSS Animations
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178