|Date Posted||February 13, 2020|
What you'll do
- Collaborate with our product managers to define the next generation of our products on solid architecture, with alternate flows handled flawlessly.
- Write lots of React Native, React, and Node.js. But not just any code - yours employs best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to make your software architecture relevant today and into the foreseeable future.
- Create and deploy new React Native apps using the latest frameworks and best practices
- Design and build custom React Native plugins and components to be used by high traffic consumer apps.
- Implement automated unit, integration, and end-to-end tests to convince everyone on the team that what you built actually works.
- Create pull requests, because regardless of how great your code is, it's always best to have team members review it as well. And while you're at it, you will review your teammates' pull requests too. Here's your chance to mentor and guide more junior members of our development team.
- Speak up during the team's daily stand-up so everyone knows what you've just accomplished and what else you'll be working on.
- Participate in design sessions with your team members, coming up with the optimum technical solution that not only meets the business requirements, but does so with performance, scalability, and maintainability in mind.
- Deliver on your commitments. Because you're accountable, everyone on the team has confidence that at the end of each two-week sprint, the tasks you've been assigned meet the team's definition of done.
- Innovate. There's always something we can improve upon, whether it be process or tools or technology choices. Maybe a Slack bot ? If you can dream it, you get to build it.
- If you're senior level, you'll actively drive code review, architecture choices, mentoring of other engineers and owning a large slice of our tech.
What to bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in software engineering.
- Practical work experience in developing mobile applications at scale using React Native or Cordova.
- You're passionate about creating software but even more so about creating quality software, so you use tools like JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, or EasyMock to create automated tests, thus giving your QA team members a really difficult time finding defects in your code.
- You love to automate all the things, having worked in continuous delivery environments that automatically compile, test, and deploy the application every time code is committed into the git repository, using tools like Maven and a continuous integration server like Jenkins.
- You collaborate with folks in DevOps to come up with ways to make continuous delivery even faster and more efficient across all our environments, including production.
- You thrive in fast-paced agile environments using software development methodologies like Scrum, SAFE, or Kanban to consistently deliver value to our clients and fans around the world.
- You're passionate about building software that matters, since the software you build also helps bring our millions of fans to the experiences they will never forget, the moment they step into that live event.
An Extra "Awesome"
- You've built cross platform apps in React Native or Cordova and is able to also write native components for them in Swift and Java.
- You've built cloud-native applications and micro services on Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.