|Date Posted||March 6, 2019|
Guidewell Source is seeking a React/Node JS Developer II in Jacksonville, FL
Candidates should be solid Full Stack Developers
- Responsible for documentation of the system, conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Lead development efforts, oversee work results, providing informal training and serve as a technical resource for other Developers.
- Write code for the most complex system designs and provides consultative guidance on project with extensive size, scope and risk. Write programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create RESTful APIs
- Develops Microservices and has extensive experience using GitLab, Jenkins, and other tools and technologies for developing a scalable application.
- Work on integration issues and determines the integration approach. Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Review code developed by other Developers
- Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems). Identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers.
- Consult with other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers
- "Scope" time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Able to debug most program errors.
- Support transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. Often requires more coordination points for transitioning systems. Document what has to be migrated / file properties
- At least 4 years of experience and proficiency in developing application using Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB and has extensive experience is designing developing Microservices.
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture and functional programming and ES6.
- Working experience using GitLab, Jenkins, and similar tools and technologies
- Experience in Open Shift and AWS preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Expert level experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
- Experience developing web-based user interface for business applications
- Integration experience using web services - SOAP and/or REST.
- Expert knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team player.
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Expert-level ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Expert level understanding of the systems development life cycle.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Exceptional leadership skills demonstrated through project or technical leadership experience.
- Expert-level ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives.
- Highly adept at innovating and thinking beyond established standards and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology solutions and trends.
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.
- Broad and deep knowledge of the suite of applications being supported.