|Date Posted||July 21, 2020|
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling part of Engineering.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer for the Web Front-End on the Architecture team, you’ll help guide our product teams in implementing critical, company-wide initiatives such as componentization, tooling modernization and accessibility. Your team will be core in helping drive important initiatives and in guiding teams to develop with proper processes, tooling and coding standards.
What you'll do as a Senior Lead Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of development, maintenance, testing strategy, design discussions and operations of a front-end team, with the majority of your code in React + Typescript
- Care about agility and reuse as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Guide your team, and the product teams in design sessions and help them deliver high quality work
- Drive the team in maintenance, implementation and improvement of the core front-end components for everything from UI, event handling and messaging
- Work with teams to identify software in their products that can be componentized for company-wide reuse
- Build efficient, well-tested User Interface components in React and Redux
- Identify bottlenecks to improve performance
What skills you will use:
- The ability to lead by influence rather than by directing
- A plus if you have experience in designing and developing for accessibility and internationalization
- A proven ability to deliver production-quality solutions
- 3+ years of development experience with React
- Experience with Storybook or similar UI component explorer is a strong plus
- Familiar with and encourages OWASP practices
- Mobile experience (Android, iOS, Xamarin) a plus
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Experience working with modern front-end build tools, testing frameworks and practices (e.g. Node, NPM, Yarn, WebPack)
- The ability to understand, debug and improve asynchronous code
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.