|Location||Remote, United States|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
What we're looking for
We are looking for a well-rounded, team-focused React Native Engineer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code with 3+ years of experience in product teams.
You will lead the development of Clair's mobile app, a digital banking app built for hourly workers. We put a heavy emphasis on legible code, a robust test suite, ownership and good communication skills. Join an Agile team that’s shipping great, high-quality features. Come work with other senior developers in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
Your main responsibilities
Working closely with the business and product teams to create the next generation digital bank. This includes
- Working with the Product Team to create a seamless user experience
- Contribute with ideas on how to improve the user experience as well as the quality and speed of delivery
- Deliver timely, high quality output by implementing pixel perfect UIs that match designs
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience
- Integrate with RESTful APIs including some third-party APIs
- Estimate effort thoughtfully and meet Sprint objectives as best possible
We're looking for experience with
- React Native using the Expo framework targeting both iOS and Android
- Knowledge of Expo limitations and potential work arounds
- Expert knowledge of Typescript, Redux and Redux Sagas
- Building and deploying apps via Expo for both Apple Store and Google Play Store
- Researching issues and come up with solutions for edge cases
- Knowledge of camera, maps, biometric and push notification functionality
- OAuth security
- Bug tracking and debugging experience
- Familiarity with Mobile UI/UX design principles and best practices
Things we consider a plus:
- Professional product management tools such as Monday.com, Asana, Jira, etc.
- Backend API and database design and development experience
- DevOps experience using Travis CI
Clair is a mission-oriented, VC-backed startup with a positive, street-smart attitude. Our #1 focus is to build a financial product that frees the minds of hourly workers from thinking about bills and debt. And we're pulling it off by creating the world's first digital bank that gets them paid, as soon as they clock-out of work (on top of being a legitimately better banking app than you probably have right now).
We're a team of people of all ages, from 5 different countries, based in New-York City and working remotely. We're a super flat culture where everyone is responsible for what they own. And we learn a lot from each other.
Check us out at www.getclair.com/about
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.