|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
THE POSITIONWe are looking for a Software Engineer to help us create innovative and modern web and mobile applications. You will be taking an active role in developing the full stack, bridging the gap between the front-end elements and the server-side infrastructure. You will be responsible for how the application looks and functions. The successful candidate will be both independent and collaborative, and possess the desire to continuously learn and teach others about the newest technical advancements. You'll work with a talented team to deliver engaging web and mobile mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
- Inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement
- Continuously educate yourself and others on the latest developments in the industry
- Ensure your technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Write clear, maintainable and high-performance code
- Effectively debug new issues within a production system
- Review and test code against modern browsers and mobile devices
- Motivate and mentor members of the development team
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years of web development experience
- 2-3 years of experience with React, Redux, Express
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, e.g. Gulp, NPM and Webpack
- Understanding of AWS technologies like S3, SQS and EC2
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire and mentor your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, we cannot sponsor H1B Visas
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.
Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world. Apply now to join our team of exceptional people!
Please email your CV and cover letter to A5A27A531B@jobs.workablemail.com.