|Date Posted||November 28, 2019|
Our client is currently seeking a Sr React Developer
Senior React Developer
Full Time Employment
• Develop all day, every day with a focus in React and React Native.
• Bring new features to life by collaborating with internal teams, including UX and backend teams, to insure product requirements are met
• Create code within a test driven-development and pair programming environment
• Participate in code reviews from other developers to insure quality, stability, and overall architecture of our code base
• Research and prototype to provide insight about new technologies and specific industry solutions to improve our codebase and application performance.
• Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to guide and mentor junior developers on various tasks
• Drive initiatives with onshore and offshore team members, e.g. better build process, better TDD, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor of Science preferred with 5+ years of professional development experience. Master’s degree is a plus
• Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, database, and caching techniques
• A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, design patterns, data structure, and software engineering principles.
• Commitment to principles of code excellence: unit testing, automated testing, peer code-reviews, and continuous integration.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly & concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed (i.e. don’t be a jerk).
• Desire to thrive in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
• Experience with delivering projects in agile environment using SCRUM/XP methodologies.
• A positive and proactive attitude toward finding solutions, meeting commitments, and assisting others.
• Supporting release management activities, deploying program builds to development/test/production environments and maintaining CI/CD environments
• Experience with backend services development in one or more of the following technologies: Ruby on Rails, Java, C#
• Experience with Gitlab, Jenkins & Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience following Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) processes
• Willingness to travel overseas once or maybe twice per year